Players: Malaysia to lift customs duty on Japanese PVC in 2015
A pipe manufacturer stated, “Japanese PVC imports to Malaysia will be exempted from customs duties starting from next year due to the Malaysia-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (MJEPA) which came into force on July 13, 2006. However, we are feeling uncertain as to whether or not Japanese PVC prices will be as competitive as Chinese cargoes after the duties are lifted.”
A Shanghai-based trader also said, “Duties on PVC imports from Japan to Malaysia will be eliminated next year. We think that this will not affect our business too much as Japanese cargoes will still be expensive.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets