Players: Middle Eastern PE supplies tight in SEA
A trader offering Thai LLDPE and HDPE film at $1310/ton CIF commented, “We have sold out our allocation for Saudi Arabian cargoes and are only able to offer Southeast Asian origins for now.”
Meanwhile, a converter in Vietnam said that they received a re-export offer for Saudi Arabian LLDPE film from China at $1350-1370/ton CIF. “We find this price to be quite high, but we are still considering purchasing as we have not been able to find material from other suppliers recently,” the buyer stated.
Import prices currently stand at $1350/ton for LDPE film, $1290-1370/ton for LLDPE film, $1310-1350/ton for HDPE film and at $1280-1310/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient