Players: Middle Eastern PE supplies tight in SEA
A trader offering Thai LLDPE and HDPE film at $1310/ton CIF commented, “We have sold out our allocation for Saudi Arabian cargoes and are only able to offer Southeast Asian origins for now.”
Meanwhile, a converter in Vietnam said that they received a re-export offer for Saudi Arabian LLDPE film from China at $1350-1370/ton CIF. “We find this price to be quite high, but we are still considering purchasing as we have not been able to find material from other suppliers recently,” the buyer stated.
Import prices currently stand at $1350/ton for LDPE film, $1290-1370/ton for LLDPE film, $1310-1350/ton for HDPE film and at $1280-1310/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?