Players: Middle Eastern PE supplies tight in SEA
A trader offering Thai LLDPE and HDPE film at $1310/ton CIF commented, “We have sold out our allocation for Saudi Arabian cargoes and are only able to offer Southeast Asian origins for now.”
Meanwhile, a converter in Vietnam said that they received a re-export offer for Saudi Arabian LLDPE film from China at $1350-1370/ton CIF. “We find this price to be quite high, but we are still considering purchasing as we have not been able to find material from other suppliers recently,” the buyer stated.
Import prices currently stand at $1350/ton for LDPE film, $1290-1370/ton for LLDPE film, $1310-1350/ton for HDPE film and at $1280-1310/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure