Players: PE shipments from Iran to China limited
A trader based in China noted, “The number of Iranian PE offers has recently reduced in China as some Iranian producers are facing a lack of ethylene supplies nowadays. Some of the August deliveries from Iran have also been delayed. Our inventories are low while spot ethylene prices are still high. We think that import PE prices may not witness any sharp decreases even if the futures market remains weak.”
A trader operating in Shanghai commented, “Overall inventory levels are low on the traders’ side in line with the reduced number of import offers. Supplies from Iran are likely to tighten in the near term as we hardly hear PE offers for this origin nowadays. HDPE film supplies are particularly tight.”
An agent of a Middle Eastern producer also affirmed, “We heard that some Iranian producers delayed their deliveries to China. We believe that supply limitations from the country might support the firming trend in the near term. Meanwhile, our supplier’s PE allocations to Asia are normal for the moment.”
In China, a limited number of Iranian PE offers are currently reported at $1150-1200/ton for LLDPE film and at $1280/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, all on CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows