Players: Philippine producer lifts local PVC prices
An end product manufacturer reported that a local producer implemented an increase of around PHP1000/ton ($21/ton) on their PVC prices, bringing their new offers to PHP47500/ton ($909/ton without VAT) on an FD Philippines, cash inc VAT basis. The converter stated, “The producer lifted their prices due to the appreciating US dollar. Demand is regular while supplies are sufficient at the moment.”
A trader also reported receiving an increase from a local producer, commenting, “Our supplier raised their offers as import VCM costs are higher due to the stronger dollar.” According to him, the producer’s local PVC offers stand at PHP46500-47000/ton ($889-899/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?