Players: Prompt supply for certain polymers is limited in Turkey
In the PP market, supplies for PP random copolymer are tight with not much material said to be on the way, according to players’ reports. “Although overall activity remains weak and prices may lose some additional ground, we are receiving an increasing number of inquiries for PPRC injection,” a local reseller stated. A pipe manufacturer also noted, “We expect to see some drops in new propylene contracts in Europe while PPRC pipe type 3 supply from the region is not comfortable in Turkey.”
Towards the end of last week, a number of players reported that they were experiencing difficulties locating homo PP offers as Middle Eastern and Iranian suppliers were not active in the market. South European and Egyptian cargos were mostly sold out for January, players said. Some firm fibre bids for Egyptian origin were heard at slightly higher levels amidst generally limited availability.
In the PE market, prompt HDPE blow moulding availability was said to be quite limited. A distributor claimed, “HDPE b/m supply is tight and film is relatively limited, whereas LDPE and LLDPE supplies remain ample.” A converter concurred, commenting, “We called some sellers but were not able to receive any offers during the week. Supply may be tight next month since traders did not purchase much material in late December or early January. Sellers are not so willing to offer in order to limit their losses.”
Today, Petkim reduced their prices by $55/ton for LDPE and LDPE-t grades, $45/ton for PP and HDPE and $35/ton for PVC as had been expected in the market since last week. Relatively stable energy markets are causing some players to question about whether the bearish trend will slow down or not over the near future.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East