Players: domestic PET gains competitiveness in Indonesia
A converter reported that he purchased some domestic PET at $900/ton FD Indonesia, cash. “We are meeting our needs from the local market for now as we find domestic prices to be more competitive than imports,” he commented.
In Indonesia, domestic PET prices are currently reported at $900-940/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis while overall import PET offers are quoted in the range of $880-935/ton CIF, cash equivalent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem