Players: domestic PET gains competitiveness in Indonesia
A converter reported that he purchased some domestic PET at $900/ton FD Indonesia, cash. “We are meeting our needs from the local market for now as we find domestic prices to be more competitive than imports,” he commented.
In Indonesia, domestic PET prices are currently reported at $900-940/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis while overall import PET offers are quoted in the range of $880-935/ton CIF, cash equivalent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa