Players in SEA receive firmer Mid-Eastern PP prices
A distributor offering on behalf of a Saudi producer reported that they raised their prices by $20/ton to $1000/ton CIF, adding, “Sentiment in China is shifting over concerns of possible supply tightness due to the upcoming G20 Summit.”
Buyers have started to source some material as they are not certain about the upcoming trend and are worried about the possibility of further increases. Demand has picked up a bit due to a recovery in buying activities and changing sentiment in China. A converter commented, “We find current prices high for now and we plan to delay our purchases if prices remain above the $1000/ton threshold as we have enough material to meet our needs until July.”
Middle Eastern prices for homo-PP injection and raffia currently stand at $980-1010/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years