Players in Turkey: PP’s bullish run is sturdier than other polymers
Although the firming trend has been mostly in place for all polymers, many players agreed that PP displayed a better performance with respect to others in terms of demand and the acceptability of sellers’ hike requests. “Not only stronger demand compared to PE and PVC but also tight prompt supplies for import and local cargos paved the way for higher done deals for PP in December,” both sellers and buyers commented.
“This month, PP buyers had to pay increases on their deals with offers gaining ground almost on a daily basis in some cases as restricted supplies from Iran and the Middle East dominated the market, outshining the year-end lull,” stated a manufacturer.
Meanwhile, PE seems to be lagging behind PP as sellers’ hike attempts surrendered to generally muted activity, except for HDPE grades, for which supply is limited. Distributors admitted, “For PVC, buying interest has given limited response to rising offers so far owing to the previous purchases that were completed in the last couple of weeks. PS sellers trimmed their initial drastic hikes amidst volatile styrene costs, on another note. Among all, PP registered more solid increases month over month.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year