Players in Turkey: PP’s bullish run is sturdier than other polymers
Although the firming trend has been mostly in place for all polymers, many players agreed that PP displayed a better performance with respect to others in terms of demand and the acceptability of sellers’ hike requests. “Not only stronger demand compared to PE and PVC but also tight prompt supplies for import and local cargos paved the way for higher done deals for PP in December,” both sellers and buyers commented.
“This month, PP buyers had to pay increases on their deals with offers gaining ground almost on a daily basis in some cases as restricted supplies from Iran and the Middle East dominated the market, outshining the year-end lull,” stated a manufacturer.
Meanwhile, PE seems to be lagging behind PP as sellers’ hike attempts surrendered to generally muted activity, except for HDPE grades, for which supply is limited. Distributors admitted, “For PVC, buying interest has given limited response to rising offers so far owing to the previous purchases that were completed in the last couple of weeks. PS sellers trimmed their initial drastic hikes amidst volatile styrene costs, on another note. Among all, PP registered more solid increases month over month.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP markets at more than 4-month lows, buyer-seller tug of war intensifies
- Demand pressure casts cloud on PVC hikes in Türkiye
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China