Players in Vietnam start to receive Sept PE offers
A global trader reported that their Saudi PE offers for September shipments are $20/ton higher from last month, currently standing at $1140/ton for HDPE film and at $1150-1160/ton for LLDPE film, on CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “Converters’ initial response to our new offers is weak while traders are also not interested in purchasing large quantities due to thin demand and high supply levels in the local market,” he commented.
A Vietnamese converter who received September PE offers for a Saudi origin at around the same levels opined, “Import PE prices increased by around $10-20/ton from August. However, we believe that the current offer levels don’t have room for further gains as demand is still not that bright.”
A trader offering Thai PE to Vietnam reported that their offers increased by $5/ton for HDPE and $20-30/ton for LDPE when compared to last week. The trader’s LLDPE offers were unchanged.
The overall ranges for import PE prices currently stand at $1140-1170/ton for HDPE film, at $1150-1170/ton for LLDPE film and at $1280/ton for LDPE film, all on CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index indicates that import PE prices on a weekly average basis have recently reached their highest levels since the first week of May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December