Players in Vietnam start to receive Sept PE offers
A global trader reported that their Saudi PE offers for September shipments are $20/ton higher from last month, currently standing at $1140/ton for HDPE film and at $1150-1160/ton for LLDPE film, on CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “Converters’ initial response to our new offers is weak while traders are also not interested in purchasing large quantities due to thin demand and high supply levels in the local market,” he commented.
A Vietnamese converter who received September PE offers for a Saudi origin at around the same levels opined, “Import PE prices increased by around $10-20/ton from August. However, we believe that the current offer levels don’t have room for further gains as demand is still not that bright.”
A trader offering Thai PE to Vietnam reported that their offers increased by $5/ton for HDPE and $20-30/ton for LDPE when compared to last week. The trader’s LLDPE offers were unchanged.
The overall ranges for import PE prices currently stand at $1140-1170/ton for HDPE film, at $1150-1170/ton for LLDPE film and at $1280/ton for LDPE film, all on CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index indicates that import PE prices on a weekly average basis have recently reached their highest levels since the first week of May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period