Players: local PVC prices edge down in Thailand, Indonesia
A source from an Indonesian producer reported that they lowered their domestic PVC offers by $100/ton to $900-980/ton FD Indonesia, cash, adding that offers on the low end of the range are valid only for customers purchasing at least 700 tons of material. The source stated, “We reduced our local prices due to declining spot ethylene prices. Plus, most buyers have retreated to the sidelines since the end of December because of volatile import prices. Despite our recent reductions, buyers are still asking for further discounts.”
In Asia, spot ethylene prices have lost around $195/ton since the start of December to be currently quoted at around $925/ton CFR Asia. According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot naphtha prices on a CFR Japan basis are hovering around their lowest levels since May 2009, with spot prices currently quoted at around $440-445/ton.
Meanwhile, in Thailand, players reported that domestic producers also implemented reductions on their January prices. A distributor stated that their local supplier decreased their PVC prices by THB1500/ton ($46/ton) to THB31000/ton ($945/ton) FD Thailand, cash. He commented, “We believe that PVC prices are close to their bottom, although we are not feeling confident about the demand outlook for the near term.”
A pipe manufacturer reported that they received new offers from a local producer with a reduction of around THB2500/ton ($76/ton) at THB28700/ton ($875/ton) FD, cash. The buyer added that the producer is willing to give an additional discount of 1% if they pay cash.
A Thai compounder also reported that a local producer cut their PVC prices for January by THB2500-3000/ton ($76-92/ton) to THB28500/ton ($867/ton) FD, cash. He commented, “The producer is giving this level for quantities above 200 tons. We have just resumed our production after an 8-day shutdown.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm