Players report ample HDPE b/m supplies in Turkey
The prevailing price levels for prompt HDPE blow moulding broke below $1500/ton on the low end following speculations for lower prices during last week. The range currently stands at $1450-1550/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, down $60/ton on the low end from last week.
In the import market, traders also have prompt Iranian HDPE blow moulding (BL3) cargos at their bounded-warehouses to offer. These materials are priced between $1140-1200/ton FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. The level is down $20-30/ton week over week, meanwhile.
A trader who tried to offer some material at the high end admitted, “We revised down our HDPE b/m price by $30-50/ton this week. However, we continue to face very poor demand even after our price cut.” Another player said, “Some distributors brought large tonnages of HDPE blow moulding from Iran in the previous months and it seems that they are now trying to pare down their stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months