Players report ample HDPE supplies in global markets
Several players in Turkey commented, “There are plentiful Iranian HDPE film and blow moulding cargos at warehouses since a few traders have engaged in large tonnages recently. Yet, demand is at a standstill nowadays with most manufacturers sticking to the sidelines to monitor the post-referendum scene.” A political referendum will be conducted this Sunday in the country. A distributor similarly stated, “We are struggling to sell HDPE in particular as ample supplies weigh down on our pricing policy. There are aggressive prices for Iranian origins these days.”
In China, a trader reported that local inventories are high especially for HDPE despite the fact that the number of import offers has been reduced recently as overseas producers are not interested in selling to China given low netbacks.
In Southeast Asia, traders have high HDPE stocks in Vietnam amidst weak demand, according to the players in the region. This caused import HDPE prices to post a larger decrease this week.
In Europe, similar concerns about ample HDPE supplies are being voiced amid thin demand. A distributor in Italy reported, “Demand is very calm with buyers purchasing hand to mouth as they expect to see lower PE prices soon. HDPE film demand is particularly weak as consumption reduced due to the shift to biodegradable products.
A trader in Germany reported that HDPE injection is particularly under downward pressure due to comfortable supply and the large variety of origins in the spot market. The fact that some distributors already lowered their offers for HDPE products but they still seek rollovers for LDPE and LLDPE is also confirming the lack of interest for HDPE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness