Players report tight PPRC supply in Turkey
European import PPRC inj. prices are reported at €1450-1490/ton CIF Turkey, cash for different origins this week. Meanwhile, deals for a Central European origin were concluded at €1450/ton CPT, cash delivery by train.
An agent of a South European supplier confirmed, “We have very limited PP copolymer allocation while PPRC injection supply is particularly tight in the market.” A second trader also said that buyers are taking a wait and see stance but it is hard to secure material from producers.
South Korean PPRC inj. was offered at $1600/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 3.2% customs duty, cash.
In the locally-held market, on the way Middle Eastern and South Korean PPRC inj. materials are offered at $2000-2030/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. Last week’s $1950/ton level was not repeated so far this week. Some distributors commented that prompt materials could be offered with a premium compared to those figures.
Regarding PPRC pipe type 3, for which supply from Europe is said to be tight, the recent levels from the region are quoted at €1470-1480/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty. Last week, various origins were initially offered for April at €1430-1450/ton with the same terms. A converter found these European offers too high to accept. “We feel that current levels are inflated because of tightness,” he opined.
South Korean PPRC pipe type 3 was given at $1520/ton CIF, subject to 3.2% customs duty, cash following prices at $1500/ton reported from pipe converters last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns