Players report tight PPRC supply in Turkey
European import PPRC inj. prices are reported at €1450-1490/ton CIF Turkey, cash for different origins this week. Meanwhile, deals for a Central European origin were concluded at €1450/ton CPT, cash delivery by train.
An agent of a South European supplier confirmed, “We have very limited PP copolymer allocation while PPRC injection supply is particularly tight in the market.” A second trader also said that buyers are taking a wait and see stance but it is hard to secure material from producers.
South Korean PPRC inj. was offered at $1600/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 3.2% customs duty, cash.
In the locally-held market, on the way Middle Eastern and South Korean PPRC inj. materials are offered at $2000-2030/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. Last week’s $1950/ton level was not repeated so far this week. Some distributors commented that prompt materials could be offered with a premium compared to those figures.
Regarding PPRC pipe type 3, for which supply from Europe is said to be tight, the recent levels from the region are quoted at €1470-1480/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty. Last week, various origins were initially offered for April at €1430-1450/ton with the same terms. A converter found these European offers too high to accept. “We feel that current levels are inflated because of tightness,” he opined.
South Korean PPRC pipe type 3 was given at $1520/ton CIF, subject to 3.2% customs duty, cash following prices at $1500/ton reported from pipe converters last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa