Poland's PKN Orlen lifts force majeure on PTA supplies
The company declared force majeure on PTA supplies from the unit on November 29 due to a technical issue.
This was the second force majeure declaration from the producer in the past one month as the same unit was taken offline on November 8, following a technical malfunction in the heat exchanger, which prompted the company to declare force majeure. That force majeure was lifted on November 20.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year
- China’s local PP markets snap 6-week downtrend, players skeptical
- PP resumes downtrend after short break in Italy and West Europe