Polymer players: Demand remains slow in India
A Delhi-based PVC trader stated that trading activities remained slow after the implementation of GST. “Although there are some buyers who started to make some small purchases, the overall buying interest is low given the GST implementation along with the monsoon season,” he added.
A Taiwanese PVC producer source also pointed out that demand from India is still weak while other regions are doing well.
As for PP, a source from a Taiwanese producer said, “We heard from our customers that Indian buyers are not purchasing much due to the uncertain market conditions based on the recent implementation of GST.”
A Chinese PE trader remarked that Indian PE prices in China are very low and attributed this to slow demand in India stemming from the new taxation system.” Indian producers are exporting materials at competitive levels in order to clear their inventories,” he said.
Although there were earlier expectations about seeing an improvement in demand in August, it is not giving any signals of it for the rest of July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets