Polymer players: Demand remains slow in India
A Delhi-based PVC trader stated that trading activities remained slow after the implementation of GST. “Although there are some buyers who started to make some small purchases, the overall buying interest is low given the GST implementation along with the monsoon season,” he added.
A Taiwanese PVC producer source also pointed out that demand from India is still weak while other regions are doing well.
As for PP, a source from a Taiwanese producer said, “We heard from our customers that Indian buyers are not purchasing much due to the uncertain market conditions based on the recent implementation of GST.”
A Chinese PE trader remarked that Indian PE prices in China are very low and attributed this to slow demand in India stemming from the new taxation system.” Indian producers are exporting materials at competitive levels in order to clear their inventories,” he said.
Although there were earlier expectations about seeing an improvement in demand in August, it is not giving any signals of it for the rest of July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November