Polymer players meet at Reliance’s reception dinner in Istanbul
After the networking cocktail, the evening continued with an opening speech from Manoj Vermani, Country Manager. This was followed by statements of Mr. Vipul Shah, Senior Management, Group COO and Mr. Ajay Shah, President of Polymer Chain, bearing the company’s massive capacities and investments. “As Reliance, we have sold 1 million tons of polyolefins (PP and PE) to Turkey in more than a decade,” Mr. Shah said.
In 2016, India became the third largest supplier of homo-PP in Turkey, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, with Reliance exporting around 130,000 tons of homo PP to Turkey. Between 2014 and 2016, Reliance constituted almost 8-9% of the overall homo PP market in Turkey.
The presence of Reliance in Turkey’s PE market is not as strong as it is in the PP market. However, the Indian major is aiming to increase its market share in the PE market as well now that the company has successfully restarted its new PE capacities.
Reliance launched their state-of-art PE capacity located in Jamnagar in late September. The brand new facility houses a 555,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing plant as well as a 450,000 tons/year LDPE plant.
Reliance has been an active player in the petrochemical industry and has collaborated with Turkey and Europe for more than 2 decades now. The company constantly upgrades its product portfolio in accordance with ever-changing demand of the industry.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year