Polymer players meet at Reliance’s reception dinner in Istanbul
After the networking cocktail, the evening continued with an opening speech from Manoj Vermani, Country Manager. This was followed by statements of Mr. Vipul Shah, Senior Management, Group COO and Mr. Ajay Shah, President of Polymer Chain, bearing the company’s massive capacities and investments. “As Reliance, we have sold 1 million tons of polyolefins (PP and PE) to Turkey in more than a decade,” Mr. Shah said.
In 2016, India became the third largest supplier of homo-PP in Turkey, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, with Reliance exporting around 130,000 tons of homo PP to Turkey. Between 2014 and 2016, Reliance constituted almost 8-9% of the overall homo PP market in Turkey.
The presence of Reliance in Turkey’s PE market is not as strong as it is in the PP market. However, the Indian major is aiming to increase its market share in the PE market as well now that the company has successfully restarted its new PE capacities.
Reliance launched their state-of-art PE capacity located in Jamnagar in late September. The brand new facility houses a 555,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing plant as well as a 450,000 tons/year LDPE plant.
Reliance has been an active player in the petrochemical industry and has collaborated with Turkey and Europe for more than 2 decades now. The company constantly upgrades its product portfolio in accordance with ever-changing demand of the industry.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets