Premium for ethylene based PVC falls below $50/ton in China
“Two major acetylene based PVC producers are currently are facing some supply problems stemming from recent turnarounds and this is keeping acetylene based PVC prices firm. Meanwhile, ethylene based PVC prices are moving lower and the premium carried by ethylene based PVC is shrinking,” a distributor based in Hangzhou commented.
Domestic PVC prices currently stand at CNY6330-6450/ton ($883-899/ton without VAT) for ethylene based PVC and at CNY6100-6200/ton ($851-865/ton without VAT) for acetylene based PVC, all on an FD China, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September