Premium for ethylene based PVC falls below $50/ton in China
“Two major acetylene based PVC producers are currently are facing some supply problems stemming from recent turnarounds and this is keeping acetylene based PVC prices firm. Meanwhile, ethylene based PVC prices are moving lower and the premium carried by ethylene based PVC is shrinking,” a distributor based in Hangzhou commented.
Domestic PVC prices currently stand at CNY6330-6450/ton ($883-899/ton without VAT) for ethylene based PVC and at CNY6100-6200/ton ($851-865/ton without VAT) for acetylene based PVC, all on an FD China, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June