Prices for European PVC in Turkey trading close to par with local prices in Italy
Players inside Turkey cited persistently tight supplies for European origins as one of the main factors pushing prices higher. “We are not receiving any offers from our European suppliers and one of our suppliers informed that they will not have any export allocations to Turkey until June,” a profile manufacturer reported. Another converter commented, “Our European suppliers claim that their supplies to Turkey are short due to production issues as well as strong demand within Europe.” A distributor offering West European materials in Turkey’s local market added, “We raised our prices for European origins even though demand is not all that promising in Turkey. Availability for prompt European cargoes is tightening as there are not many import cargoes coming in these days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Low overseas supplies prop up import PP prices in China
- Vietnam’s local PP, PE markets resume firming; LLDPE fails to catch up
- Are European ethylene contracts heading for 3rd straight month of hikes?
- Taiwanese major’s May PVC offers to Asia see larger-than-expected drops
- Asian ABS sellers renew confidence in shadow of volatile styrene
- Bullish run loses steam in Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- Tepid demand caps larger PP hikes in Europe, PE fares better
- Asian PET markets drift higher after explosion at Formosa’s plant
- Will turnarounds eliminate oversupply in China’s local PP market?
- European ABS faces large hikes on heels of costs