Prices for European PVC in Turkey trading close to par with local prices in Italy
Players inside Turkey cited persistently tight supplies for European origins as one of the main factors pushing prices higher. “We are not receiving any offers from our European suppliers and one of our suppliers informed that they will not have any export allocations to Turkey until June,” a profile manufacturer reported. Another converter commented, “Our European suppliers claim that their supplies to Turkey are short due to production issues as well as strong demand within Europe.” A distributor offering West European materials in Turkey’s local market added, “We raised our prices for European origins even though demand is not all that promising in Turkey. Availability for prompt European cargoes is tightening as there are not many import cargoes coming in these days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices lose 25-30% globally since August
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats further on weak demand
- Export PET prices out of Asia sink to 7-month low
- Will hike targets fail in Europe's PE market?
- Initial December expectations call for rebound in India’s PVC market
- China braces for a new wave of PE capacity in 2019-2022
- Import PS markets hit almost one-year low in Asia
- Mid-Eastern producers approaching PE markets for November
- Will lower propylene cast shadow on European PP sellers’ hike intentions ?
- Global oil and petchem companies announce financial results for Q3