Production updates on MEG plants in Taiwan, China
The company’s 720,000 tons/year MEG plant, located at the same site is also expected to be offline for the same duration in June.
On the other hand, Taiwan Oriental Union Chemical Corp. plans to restart its 250,000 tons/year MEG plant in Lingyuan, Taiwan by mid- January following a week-long annual maintenance.
The company’s 500,000 tons/year MEG plant at Yangzhou, China is also expected to undergo maintenance in May 2018. The shutdown is expected to last for around a week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year