Production updates on MEG plants in Taiwan, China
The company’s 720,000 tons/year MEG plant, located at the same site is also expected to be offline for the same duration in June.
On the other hand, Taiwan Oriental Union Chemical Corp. plans to restart its 250,000 tons/year MEG plant in Lingyuan, Taiwan by mid- January following a week-long annual maintenance.
The company’s 500,000 tons/year MEG plant at Yangzhou, China is also expected to undergo maintenance in May 2018. The shutdown is expected to last for around a week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July