Production updates on MEG plants in Taiwan, China
The company’s 720,000 tons/year MEG plant, located at the same site is also expected to be offline for the same duration in June.
On the other hand, Taiwan Oriental Union Chemical Corp. plans to restart its 250,000 tons/year MEG plant in Lingyuan, Taiwan by mid- January following a week-long annual maintenance.
The company’s 500,000 tons/year MEG plant at Yangzhou, China is also expected to undergo maintenance in May 2018. The shutdown is expected to last for around a week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt