Production updates on MEG plants in Taiwan, China
The company’s 720,000 tons/year MEG plant, located at the same site is also expected to be offline for the same duration in June.
On the other hand, Taiwan Oriental Union Chemical Corp. plans to restart its 250,000 tons/year MEG plant in Lingyuan, Taiwan by mid- January following a week-long annual maintenance.
The company’s 500,000 tons/year MEG plant at Yangzhou, China is also expected to undergo maintenance in May 2018. The shutdown is expected to last for around a week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?