Production updates on PTA, PX plants in Asia
Accordingly, China’s Hengli delayed the restart date of its 2.2 million tons/year No 1 PTA plant in Dalian for about 20 days. The company shut its plant on June 23 and was initially planning to restart it in early July.
South Korea’s SK Global Chemical also postponed the restart date of its 400,000 tons/year PX plant in Ulsan, which was previously planned to resume operations at the end of June. However, the exact restart date is not yet known.
Meanwhile, India’s Materials Chemical and Performance Intermediaries (MCPI) delayed the shutdown date of one of its PTA plants in Haldia to the end of August. The company’s No 1 line has 470,000 tons/year of capacity while the No 2 line has 800,000 tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS