Production updates on PTA, PX plants in Asia
Accordingly, China’s Hengli delayed the restart date of its 2.2 million tons/year No 1 PTA plant in Dalian for about 20 days. The company shut its plant on June 23 and was initially planning to restart it in early July.
South Korea’s SK Global Chemical also postponed the restart date of its 400,000 tons/year PX plant in Ulsan, which was previously planned to resume operations at the end of June. However, the exact restart date is not yet known.
Meanwhile, India’s Materials Chemical and Performance Intermediaries (MCPI) delayed the shutdown date of one of its PTA plants in Haldia to the end of August. The company’s No 1 line has 470,000 tons/year of capacity while the No 2 line has 800,000 tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe