Prompt LLDPE supplies reported limited in Turkey
“Generally, LLDPE supplies with additives have been quite limited since early July. This provides support for local sellers to achieve better sales performance compared to weak activity for LDPE and HDPE,” players concurred.
A PE converter in south commented, “It is a buyer market nowadays and we are able to obtain discounts. LLDPE is an exception given the lack of material with additives, though. This product is usually purchased in small amounts as it is mixed with other products. Thereby, even upper ends can see deals for LLDPE.”
Nonetheless, most buyers expect PE prices to maintain their weak trend for a while longer considering the fact that end product demand in Turkey is not charming, which keeps purchasing volumes restricted.
As of the end of this past week, the locally-held LDPE range was reported at $1520-1600/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, down by $40/ton over the week. HDPE film and b/m offers were quoted at $1340-1400/ton whereas LLDPE slightly edged up to $1440-1480/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye