Prompt LLDPE supplies reported limited in Turkey
“Generally, LLDPE supplies with additives have been quite limited since early July. This provides support for local sellers to achieve better sales performance compared to weak activity for LDPE and HDPE,” players concurred.
A PE converter in south commented, “It is a buyer market nowadays and we are able to obtain discounts. LLDPE is an exception given the lack of material with additives, though. This product is usually purchased in small amounts as it is mixed with other products. Thereby, even upper ends can see deals for LLDPE.”
Nonetheless, most buyers expect PE prices to maintain their weak trend for a while longer considering the fact that end product demand in Turkey is not charming, which keeps purchasing volumes restricted.
As of the end of this past week, the locally-held LDPE range was reported at $1520-1600/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, down by $40/ton over the week. HDPE film and b/m offers were quoted at $1340-1400/ton whereas LLDPE slightly edged up to $1440-1480/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market