Prompt LLDPE supplies reported limited in Turkey
“Generally, LLDPE supplies with additives have been quite limited since early July. This provides support for local sellers to achieve better sales performance compared to weak activity for LDPE and HDPE,” players concurred.
A PE converter in south commented, “It is a buyer market nowadays and we are able to obtain discounts. LLDPE is an exception given the lack of material with additives, though. This product is usually purchased in small amounts as it is mixed with other products. Thereby, even upper ends can see deals for LLDPE.”
Nonetheless, most buyers expect PE prices to maintain their weak trend for a while longer considering the fact that end product demand in Turkey is not charming, which keeps purchasing volumes restricted.
As of the end of this past week, the locally-held LDPE range was reported at $1520-1600/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, down by $40/ton over the week. HDPE film and b/m offers were quoted at $1340-1400/ton whereas LLDPE slightly edged up to $1440-1480/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey