Qatar lifts domestic gasoline prices by 30%
Accordingly, prices increased to QAR1.30 ($0.357) per liter from QAR1 for Super 97-Octane. Even after the adjustment, Qatar’s gasoline prices are still among the lowest in the world.
This week, Bahrain and Oman also announced that they lifted their gasoline prices in order to boost revenues hit by plunging crude oil prices.
In late 2015, Saudi Arabia also reported hikes in gasoline prices, raising their domestic gasoline prices by as much as 40% following the announcement of a record $98 billion budget deficit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East