R-PET Flake - Turkey August 2019
The local R-PET Flake (clear/blue) prices were quoted at TRY4900-5300/ton ($840-908/ton with the recent parity) ex-warehouse Turkey, cash excluding 18% VAT. The overall range fell by TRY300-500/ton ($51-86/ton) from July. Some counter bids were talked at TRY4700/ton, although no deals were confirmed by primary sources.
A major participant commented, “Global markets have been largely influenced by muted activity due to holidays. A lack of healthy activity may be partially offset by the fact that flake availability is not comfortable and bale supplies are still moderate.” Meanwhile, some players argued that flake prices may firm up a bit in H2 September in case dollar continues to rise against TRY.
R-PET flakes are often used in film, sheet, yarn and fibre production.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness