R-PET Flake - Turkey July 2019
The local R-PET Flake (clear/blue) prices were quoted at TRY5200-5800/ton ($940-1045/ton with the recent parity) ex-warehouse Turkey, cash excluding 18% VAT. The overall range fell by TRY300-500/ton ($54-90/ton) from June.
Bottle bale prices were down marginally by TRY300-400 month over month to TRY2300-2500 in July, players noted. Flake suppliers complained, “Decreases in bottle bale prices were quite limited due to the ongoing limitations in supply. Plus, we could hardly compete in import markets due to the appreciation of TRY against other currencies.”
Coming to expectations, August hints at a new series of decreases with sell ideas being already voiced at TRY5000-5200/ton. A major participant commented, “We are set for a shorter month in terms of working days not only in Turkey but also in Europe. We don’t expect to gauge a visible improvement in activity under these circumstances.”
R-PET flakes are often used in film, sheet, yarn and fibre production.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness