Re-export HDPE from China emerges in Vietnam
PE prices in Vietnam have been following a steadily firming trend since the start of February owing to limited supplies and stronger spot ethylene costs, although buyers have begun to show stronger resistance recently, arguing that demand is not strong enough to support ongoing increases for PE. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import HDPE film prices on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis have risen $331/ton since the end of January.
Import HDPE film prices currently stand at $1420-1460/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question