Re-export HDPE from China emerges in Vietnam
PE prices in Vietnam have been following a steadily firming trend since the start of February owing to limited supplies and stronger spot ethylene costs, although buyers have begun to show stronger resistance recently, arguing that demand is not strong enough to support ongoing increases for PE. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import HDPE film prices on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis have risen $331/ton since the end of January.
Import HDPE film prices currently stand at $1420-1460/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm