Re-export LDPE from Vietnam shows up in China
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import LDPE film prices on a weekly average basis surged by $181/ton since the first week of August, hitting their highest levels since July 2015.
A trader operating in China reported that they received an offer for 200 tons of re-exported Middle Eastern LDPE film from Vietnam at $1280/ton CIF, cash last week. He commented, “LDPE supplies remain tight while demand is relatively good in China. Hence, Vietnamese traders are trying to divert their imported cargoes to the country nowadays.
A second trader commented, “The upward movement remains in place in China’s LDPE market amidst low supply levels and healthy demand. This is encouraging several Vietnamese traders to re-export their Middle Eastern LDPE film cargoes to China at competitive levels.”
A Vietnam-based trader noted, “Normally, we see re-exported PE from China in Vietnam. However, the opposite scenario is the case this time since LDPE film offers below the $1300/ton CFR, cash level have become rare in China.”
The overall range for import LDPE film prices currently stands at $1330-1350/ton on a CFR China, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops