Re-export PP from China available below $1100 in Vietnam
This week, the latest re-export offers from China moved lower and broke below the $1100/ton threshold.
A trader, offering US homo PP injection to the Vietnamese market at $1080/ton CFR, cash basis noted, “Our offer inched down by $5/ton from yesterday and we are concluding a good number of deals.”
Another trader commented, “As we think that China’s PP market is under pressure due to the overcapacity issues, we are focusing on re-export activities. The buying interest for import cargoes is quite slow as local prices are more competitive.”
A third trader reported relatively lower offers for US and Saudi PP raffia respectively at $1030/ton and at $1020/ton, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows