Re-export PP from China available below $1100 in Vietnam
This week, the latest re-export offers from China moved lower and broke below the $1100/ton threshold.
A trader, offering US homo PP injection to the Vietnamese market at $1080/ton CFR, cash basis noted, “Our offer inched down by $5/ton from yesterday and we are concluding a good number of deals.”
Another trader commented, “As we think that China’s PP market is under pressure due to the overcapacity issues, we are focusing on re-export activities. The buying interest for import cargoes is quite slow as local prices are more competitive.”
A third trader reported relatively lower offers for US and Saudi PP raffia respectively at $1030/ton and at $1020/ton, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record