Re-export PP from China available below $1100 in Vietnam
This week, the latest re-export offers from China moved lower and broke below the $1100/ton threshold.
A trader, offering US homo PP injection to the Vietnamese market at $1080/ton CFR, cash basis noted, “Our offer inched down by $5/ton from yesterday and we are concluding a good number of deals.”
Another trader commented, “As we think that China’s PP market is under pressure due to the overcapacity issues, we are focusing on re-export activities. The buying interest for import cargoes is quite slow as local prices are more competitive.”
A third trader reported relatively lower offers for US and Saudi PP raffia respectively at $1030/ton and at $1020/ton, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan