Reduced supplies push Uzbek PE offers up in Turkey
In a weekly comparison, Uzbek HDPE film prices moved up by $10-30/ton to $1120-1140/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. With prompt materials at bonded-warehouses diminishing, a limited quantity was offered as high as $1180/ton FCA later this week following prices talked at $1150/ton late last week. HDPE b/m prices were reported $30-40/ton higher at $1130-1140/ton with the same terms.
Players reported that fewer channels would be supplying Uzbek PE to Turkey in the days to come. “There is market talk that 3 traders will halt their distributing on contract basis over the coming term which means less Uzbek material will enter the market even after the maintenance ends,” some commented.
An agent of the Uzbek source confirmed to ChemOrbis, “Fewer traders will be bringing Uzbek material to Turkey as the producer aims to focus on alternative export markets where better netbacks are obtainable.” The source from the agent further added that the maintenance shutdown is expected to end by October 12, whereas it will take time for the Uzbek plant to stock up and no offers or shipments are likely until early November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cools off due to unpromising PP, PE demand in Türkiye
- China adds big PE capacities in 2023, just the tip of iceberg for 2024
- African PP, PE markets continue to rise in March under shadow of growing demand woes
- Vietnam local PP, PE markets stay on downtrend as demand still sluggish
- Subdued PP, PE demand weigh on March hikes in Europe
- Cost-driven hikes keep Asian PET bottle prices on uptrend for two weeks
- Global PP markets buckle up for massive capacity additions from China
- India PP, PE markets change direction in line with regional trends in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets extend gains into March amid squeezed supply
- European PS spirals down amid lower styrene, frail demand