Regional, Mid-Eastern PP prices trading at par in SEA
This week, overall import homo-PP injection and raffia prices were reported at $1080-1170/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. The lower end of the range was formed by done deals concluded for both Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern origins.
A trader operating in Malaysia stated, “We received a proposal about distributing coal based Chinese PP in Southeast Asia. However, we did not accept it as we believe that exports of Chinese PP will not be workable for now.”
Meanwhile, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import homo-PP prices on a CFR SEA basis declined to their lowest level since mid-February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use