Regional, Mid-Eastern PP prices trading at par in SEA
This week, overall import homo-PP injection and raffia prices were reported at $1080-1170/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. The lower end of the range was formed by done deals concluded for both Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern origins.
A trader operating in Malaysia stated, “We received a proposal about distributing coal based Chinese PP in Southeast Asia. However, we did not accept it as we believe that exports of Chinese PP will not be workable for now.”
Meanwhile, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, import homo-PP prices on a CFR SEA basis declined to their lowest level since mid-February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East