Reliance posts biggest quarterly net income in 7 years in Q1
However, the company’s sales reportedly decreased 41% to reach 560.4 billion rupees ($8.97 billion) due to plunging crude prices and lower gas output. The company’s higher profits were attributed to higher income from crude oil refining.
The higher than expected net income will enable the company to boost petrochemical production capacity as well as their other activities in growing markets like smartphones. Reliance has reportedly spent approximately 1 trillion rupees ($16 billion) in the first three months for expansion projects in many fields including petrochemicals, refining and US shale gas projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount