Reuters: Petchem demand boosted by Asian urbanization
Analysts expect petrochemical demand in Asia to rise considerably in the coming decade with these developments as petrochemicals are used in 70% of manufactured goods and in every utility. Ethylene demand is expected to grow by over 10% a year over the next ten years. Analysts argue that PVC demand in India is also on the rise with people moving into the cities and that the country mostly imports its PVC from Far East Asian countries.
According to comments from IHS Markit to Reuters , the demand boom will create 650 million new petrochemical customers in Asia. The rising demand has already caused Asian ethylene margins to go up to $600 per ton in 2016 from $400 last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene prices slide on an influx of deep-sea cargoes, propylene holds steady
- Nascent PE price increases may face demand obstacle in SE Asia
- Demand key as Asian PS and ABS market trends diverge
- Asian styrene prices rebound on increased demand, short-covering
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply