Rise in Singapore’s retail sales fails to meet expectations in Dec
Meanwhile, overall retail sales were down by 1.9% in December on a monthly basis after remaining unchanged in November and matched the expectations.
Retail sales of medical goods and toiletries posted the biggest annual increase in December by 9.9% while retail sales of motor vehicles were up by 0.9% year-on-year. Excluding motor vehicles, retail sales were up by 0.7% in December on a yearly basis.
Meanwhile, sales of food and beverages decreased by 2.1% while sales at petrol stations posted a drop of 2.2% in December on year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high