Rosneft and Sinopec sign MOU for oil and gas cooperation
The MOU envisages potential gas and petroleum chemicals joint ventures and also includes petrochemical projects designed to convert natural gas to ethylene and propylene along with integrated polymer plants.
The integrated petrochemical projects in Boguchany (Krasnoyarsk Territory) and Angarsk (Irkutsk region) are expected to have a production capacity of up to 3 million tons/year of ethylene and around 6 million tons/year of polymers and other petrochemical products. Outputs of the planned projects are slated to be used primarily in Russian and Chinese markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa