Rosneft and Sinopec sign MOU for oil and gas cooperation
The MOU envisages potential gas and petroleum chemicals joint ventures and also includes petrochemical projects designed to convert natural gas to ethylene and propylene along with integrated polymer plants.
The integrated petrochemical projects in Boguchany (Krasnoyarsk Territory) and Angarsk (Irkutsk region) are expected to have a production capacity of up to 3 million tons/year of ethylene and around 6 million tons/year of polymers and other petrochemical products. Outputs of the planned projects are slated to be used primarily in Russian and Chinese markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak