Rosneft and Sinopec sign MOU for oil and gas cooperation
The MOU envisages potential gas and petroleum chemicals joint ventures and also includes petrochemical projects designed to convert natural gas to ethylene and propylene along with integrated polymer plants.
The integrated petrochemical projects in Boguchany (Krasnoyarsk Territory) and Angarsk (Irkutsk region) are expected to have a production capacity of up to 3 million tons/year of ethylene and around 6 million tons/year of polymers and other petrochemical products. Outputs of the planned projects are slated to be used primarily in Russian and Chinese markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high