Rosneft plans to finalize acquisition of SANORS in Q1 2015
Initial talks on the acquisition were started in May 2014 and the deal had been expected to be closed by the end of the third quarter of 2014. However, the conclusion of the deal was delayed because of the necessity of obtaining anti-trust approvals from other countries, although the deal was approved by Russia’s anti-trust authorities in July.
Meanwhile, SANORS is planning to build a pyrolysis plant which will be able to produce 1 million tons/year of ethylene and is also planning to expand its product slate to include high-tech polymers and plastics.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June