Rosneft plans to finalize acquisition of SANORS in Q1 2015
Initial talks on the acquisition were started in May 2014 and the deal had been expected to be closed by the end of the third quarter of 2014. However, the conclusion of the deal was delayed because of the necessity of obtaining anti-trust approvals from other countries, although the deal was approved by Russia’s anti-trust authorities in July.
Meanwhile, SANORS is planning to build a pyrolysis plant which will be able to produce 1 million tons/year of ethylene and is also planning to expand its product slate to include high-tech polymers and plastics.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East