Russia becomes China’s top crude oil supplier again in Sept
Meanwhile, China’s oil imports from Saudi Arabia fell behind supplies from Russia in September for the second time this year. In May, Saudi Arabia exported 3.05 million tons of crude to China compared with Russia’s crude oil exports of 3.92 million metric tons.
Imports from Saudi Arabia declined 16.5% on the year to around 961,710 bpd due to higher selling prices for Saudi oil and planned shutdowns at several Chinese refineries. In the first nine months of the year, China’s oil imports from Russia increased 30% from a year earlier to about 810,000 bpd compared while imports from Saudi Arabia stood at 1.03 million bpd.
The data also showed that China’s crude oil imports from Iran fell 17% year over year to 416,450 bpd.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount