Russia passes Saudi Arabia as China’s top oil supplier
The country’s oil imports from Saudi Arabia, meanwhile, rose around 33.6% year over year to 961,000 bpd in May, easing down slightly from the 1.0 million bpd recorded the previous month. China imported 619,300 bpd from Iran, up around 19.5% on the year while shipments from Iraq surged around 56.6% on the year in May to 801,120 bpd.
In May, China’s total crude oil imports increased about 39% from a year earlier to 7.59 million bpd, posting the largest increase seen in more than six years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets