Russia’s Sibur posts higher petchem sales in Q3
According to the data, the amount of petrochemical products sold in Q3 was 636,867 tons, which was up 4.6% when compared to the third quarter of 2015. The sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were also up 2.1% to 227,818 tons when compared to the same period of last year. Basic polymer sales reached 172,422 tons with an increase of 17.5% while synthetic rubbers sales rose to 106,636 tons with an increase of 6.3% on a quarterly basis. However, there was a decline of 6.1% in the sales of intermediates and other chemicals.
On a yearly basis, Sibur’s petrochemical sales were up by 8.7%, the sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were up by 3.2%, basic polymers sales increased by 16.0% and the synthetic rubbers sales were 11.4% higher. Intermediates and other chemical sales also increased by 4.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures