Russia’s Sibur posts higher petchem sales in Q3
According to the data, the amount of petrochemical products sold in Q3 was 636,867 tons, which was up 4.6% when compared to the third quarter of 2015. The sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were also up 2.1% to 227,818 tons when compared to the same period of last year. Basic polymer sales reached 172,422 tons with an increase of 17.5% while synthetic rubbers sales rose to 106,636 tons with an increase of 6.3% on a quarterly basis. However, there was a decline of 6.1% in the sales of intermediates and other chemicals.
On a yearly basis, Sibur’s petrochemical sales were up by 8.7%, the sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were up by 3.2%, basic polymers sales increased by 16.0% and the synthetic rubbers sales were 11.4% higher. Intermediates and other chemical sales also increased by 4.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles