Russia’s Sibur posts higher petchem sales in Q3
According to the data, the amount of petrochemical products sold in Q3 was 636,867 tons, which was up 4.6% when compared to the third quarter of 2015. The sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were also up 2.1% to 227,818 tons when compared to the same period of last year. Basic polymer sales reached 172,422 tons with an increase of 17.5% while synthetic rubbers sales rose to 106,636 tons with an increase of 6.3% on a quarterly basis. However, there was a decline of 6.1% in the sales of intermediates and other chemicals.
On a yearly basis, Sibur’s petrochemical sales were up by 8.7%, the sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were up by 3.2%, basic polymers sales increased by 16.0% and the synthetic rubbers sales were 11.4% higher. Intermediates and other chemical sales also increased by 4.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports