Russia’s Sibur posts higher petchem sales in Q3
According to the data, the amount of petrochemical products sold in Q3 was 636,867 tons, which was up 4.6% when compared to the third quarter of 2015. The sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were also up 2.1% to 227,818 tons when compared to the same period of last year. Basic polymer sales reached 172,422 tons with an increase of 17.5% while synthetic rubbers sales rose to 106,636 tons with an increase of 6.3% on a quarterly basis. However, there was a decline of 6.1% in the sales of intermediates and other chemicals.
On a yearly basis, Sibur’s petrochemical sales were up by 8.7%, the sales of plastics and organic synthesis products were up by 3.2%, basic polymers sales increased by 16.0% and the synthetic rubbers sales were 11.4% higher. Intermediates and other chemical sales also increased by 4.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends