Russian PP shows up at low ends in China, SEA, Turkey
In Turkey, Russian PP raffia from an irregular source has shown up recently at $1280-1300/ton CFR, cash, subject to 6.5% duty. A buyer receiving this offer said, “A large trader offered this level at the PlastEurasia Fair. We were using this material years ago but I don’t know whether or when it will come.”
Russian raffia emerged in China as well at quite competitive prices of $1150-1200/ton CFR, cash, players reported. This is the only origin that has broken below the $1200/ton threshold in China so far this week while other mainstream origins including Middle Eastern and Indian were reported at $1215-1245/ton CFR, cash equivalent basis. Several players argue that offers below $1200/ton could represent short sales, however.
Similarly an import PP injection price at $1200/ton showed up in Southeast Asia on a CFR, cash basis from Russia. Players in the region consider it as an irregular origin. It also stands at least $70/ton below other dutiable mainstream origins in the import market as Middle Eastern and Indian PP injection, which were offered at $1270-1300/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa