Russian traders: Local LDPE supply is tight
Another producer is reportedly selling LDPE 158 at RUB84000/ton FD Moscow, cash inc VAT ($1253/ton without VAT) while a third producer sold around 100 tons of LDPE 108 at RUB89500/ton ($1335/ton without VAT) ex-works Kazan.
Traders reported that the volumes of the material are very limited and that this situation will only get worse as there are reportedly some planned shutdowns at several Russian LDPE plants.
Ufaorgsintez is planning to shut its 100,000 tons/year LDPE plant as well as its PP plant in May for 10 days due to a planned maintenance at their pyrolysis unit.
Meanwhile, Kazanorgsintez is going to shut its LDPE 158 line from April 15, 2015 for approximately one month. The producer will conduct a shutdown at its LDPE 108 line once the LDPE 158 line resumes production. Kazanorgsintez has an LDPE capacity of 230,000 tons/year.
In addition, Belarus’ Polymir is reportedly not producing LDPE 108 and 102 at the present. Polymir’s LDPE plant has a capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe