S Korea and Taiwan’s GDP increase in Q1
The data showed that South Korea’s GDP climbed 2.7% on a yearly basis and by 0.9% quarter-on-quarter in Q1 of 2017. Contributing to the growth, facilities investment increased by 4.3% on the back of a growth in machinery while manufacturing rose by 2% with an increase in production of semiconductors, machinery and equipment. The construction investment as well as construction was also up by 5.3% and 4% respectively.
Similarly, Taiwan’s GDP grew by 2.56% year-on-year in Q1 in 2017, which was slightly slower than a growth of 2.88% in the previous quarter. The country’s GDP was also up by 2.93% quarter-on-quarter, which was faster than the 1.82% in Q4 of 2016. Contributing to the growth, real gross capital formation climbed by 8.1% while exports of goods and services as well as imports were up by 6.99% and 7.15% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China