S Korea’s Hanwha plans capacity expansion for aromatics
Sources said the plant’s paraxylene capacity will be raised to 1.26 million tons/year from 1.06 million tons/year while the benzene capacity will be increased to 470,000 tons/year from 420,000 tons/year after the turnaround.
The company does not have a planned maintenance for its No 1 plant at the same site, which has a production capacity of 710,000 tons/year of ethylene and 525,000 tons/year of benzene, in 2017, according to sources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins