S. Korea’s LG Chemical posts Q1 earning statement
The company’s sales declined 8.5% on a quarterly basis to KRW 4.92 trillion ($4.56 billion) in the first quarter of this year while operating profit surged 56.2% to KRW 361.8 billion ($335.7 million) on a quarterly basis while posting a slight decline on a yearly basis owing to lower prices for key raw materials for chemical products and increased sales of premium products.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure