S. Korea’s LG Chemical’s earnings down in 2014
In the fourth quarter of 2014, the company’s net profit slumped 38.2% on the year to reach KRW 109.4 billion ($101.4 million) while its sales posted a decreased of 4.8% to KRW5.37 trillion ($4.97 billion) compared with the same period of the preceding year.
According to a statement, LG Chemical expects improved product spread due to stabilizing feedstock prices in the first quarter of 2015. The company also plans to reinforce its differentiated product lines in order to enhance its comparative advantage.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient