S. Korea’s LG Chemical’s earnings down in 2014
In the fourth quarter of 2014, the company’s net profit slumped 38.2% on the year to reach KRW 109.4 billion ($101.4 million) while its sales posted a decreased of 4.8% to KRW5.37 trillion ($4.97 billion) compared with the same period of the preceding year.
According to a statement, LG Chemical expects improved product spread due to stabilizing feedstock prices in the first quarter of 2015. The company also plans to reinforce its differentiated product lines in order to enhance its comparative advantage.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will China's local PP market retain futures-driven gains prior to holidays?
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand