S Korea’s Lotte mulls capacity expansion at Yeosu
The company will reportedly aim to start construction in the first half of 2017 but no information was given about how much the capacity will be increased.
Currently, the unit has a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Another South Korean chemical company, LG Chem Ltd. also said in October that they would make an investment worth of $260 million to raise the production capacity of its 230,000 tons/year plant at Daesan to 1.27 million tons/year of ethylene by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends