S Korea’s Lotte mulls capacity expansion at Yeosu
The company will reportedly aim to start construction in the first half of 2017 but no information was given about how much the capacity will be increased.
Currently, the unit has a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Another South Korean chemical company, LG Chem Ltd. also said in October that they would make an investment worth of $260 million to raise the production capacity of its 230,000 tons/year plant at Daesan to 1.27 million tons/year of ethylene by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months