S Korea’s Lotte mulls capacity expansion at Yeosu
The company will reportedly aim to start construction in the first half of 2017 but no information was given about how much the capacity will be increased.
Currently, the unit has a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Another South Korean chemical company, LG Chem Ltd. also said in October that they would make an investment worth of $260 million to raise the production capacity of its 230,000 tons/year plant at Daesan to 1.27 million tons/year of ethylene by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets