S Korea’s Lotte mulls capacity expansion at Yeosu
The company will reportedly aim to start construction in the first half of 2017 but no information was given about how much the capacity will be increased.
Currently, the unit has a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Another South Korean chemical company, LG Chem Ltd. also said in October that they would make an investment worth of $260 million to raise the production capacity of its 230,000 tons/year plant at Daesan to 1.27 million tons/year of ethylene by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes